Program Duration1 week
Next Start DatesTBD
About the Course
If you love the computer-animated films of Pixar, Dreamworks or Blue Sky and want to know how they make those characters live and breathe on screen, come to VanArts this summer and learn the fundamentals of 3D CHARACTER ANIMATION. For 5 intensive days, professional animators who have worked on your favorite 3D shows will teach you how to animate in Maya, the same software used by animation, game and vfx studios around the world. This is also an excellent introduction to how we teach in our one-year program.
What You'll Learn
QUICK DAILY OVERVIEW
Day 1: Intro to Maya – Animation of bouncing ball & arm point
Day 2: Animation of ball with legs + StoryBoarding
Day 3: Animation of two-legged character run cycle
Day 4: Animation of character step onto a box
Day 5: Life Drawing + Final Assignment Review
Assignments and sequence may vary during the week to facilitate class progress and needs.
Learn how to make things move, tell great stories and make 3D characters come to life!
When: July 17-21, 2017
Where: VanArts, 570 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Registering for more than one Summer Intensive program will reduce tuition by 10% per additional program (i.e., if you register for two Summer Intensive programs, tuition will be reduced by 10%; if you register for three, tuition will be reduced by 20%).
To book additional programs and receive discount please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 682 2787 x101 after you have registered for your first program.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition
Protection Fund. For more information visit:
- Tuition paid for a Summer Intensive program will be applied towards a student’s full-time program tuition if they register for the full-time diploma programs within one year of completing the Summer Intensive program.
- In the event that VanArts cancels a Summer Intensive program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a Summer Intensive program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the Summer Intensive program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
Must be 16 years of age or older.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.