For graduates of our 2D/3D Character Animationprogram, VanArts offers a degree pathway through the School of Media, Culture & Design at Woodbury University in Burbank, California, the Animation Capital of the World! Woodbury University has been named one of the Best Animation Programs in the Western US by Animation Career Review (the same website which named VanArts #1 in Western Canada and #11 Worldwide). The award-winning, industry-experienced faculty at Woodbury includes our own founding advisory board member Bill Matthews, along with many other noted animation industry professionals.
This pathway allows any qualified VanArts Animation graduates (with prior general education requirements) to apply for continuing education at Woodbury University towards a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation. You can transfer into the third year at Woodbury’s 4-year degree program as a result of earning your diploma at VanArts.
Top 5 Benefits of This Pathway
- Fully accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation
- Classroom sizes are 10-15 students on average; 25 is the maximum regardless of subject
- All students must complete at least one internship before graduating, and there is an office dedicated to internship placement
- Students begin animation courses from Day 1 as opposed to waiting two years doing general education; GE courses are spread throughout the four years
- Neighbors with major studios including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, etc.
In this video, Woodbury’s Animation Chair Dori Littell-Herrick explains more about the benefits of their program for entering the animation industry.