For graduates of our 2D/3D Character Animation program, VanArts offers a degree pathway through the School of Media, Culture & Design at Woodbury University in Burbank, California, the Animation Capital of the World! Woodbury University has been named one of the Best Animation Programs in the Western US by Animation Career Review. The award-winning, industry-experienced faculty at Woodbury included our own founding advisory board member, the late Bill Matthews, along with many other noted animation industry professionals.
This pathway allows any qualified VanArts Animation graduates (with prior general education requirements) to apply for continuing education at Woodbury University towards a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation. Eligible VanArts graduates can apply for consideration for entry, based on transcripts and portfolio review, into the third year of Woodbury’s 4-year BFA degree program, potentially completing studies within two years.
Top 5 Benefits of This Pathway
- Fully accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation
- Classroom sizes are 10-15 students on average; 25 is the maximum regardless of subject
- All students must complete at least one internship before graduating, and there is an office dedicated to internship placement
- Students begin animation courses from Day 1 as opposed to waiting two years doing general education; GE courses are spread throughout the four years
- Neighbors with major studios including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Warner Brothers, etc.
Read Animation Career Review’s interview with Dori Littell-Herrick here >>
For more information on the program at Woodbury University, contact us today for details.