Program Duration4 weeks
Next Start DatesTBD
What You'll Learn
This course will introduce you to the self-tape audition process from commercial auditions to actor & principal role auditions. Modern film & television scripts, improv and on-camera practice will develop skills an actor needs for this very specific kind of work. You will gain more confidence and skills that will take your audition to the next level: booking it!
This class will focus on the self tape audition and is delivered online.
Schedule: 4 Wednesdays, 7pm – 10:30pm
Pre-requisites: Acting for Film & TV Level 1 or equivalent experience
Register online or by phone call Veronika at 604-682-2787 x123
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition
Protection Fund. For more information visit:
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
About the Instructor
From Winnipeg to London to Vancouver, Julie Howgate has trained, performed and taught in theatre, TV and film for well over a decade. Expert at teaching beginning actors, she has introduced over 500 students at the Centre to the thrill of acting. European credits include Brookside (BBC), Soul Survivor (Trisquare), and French National commercial “Orange”. North American credits include Hallowe’en 8, The Gut Girls , US national “Got Milk” commercials and character voice work for Da Vinci’s Inquest . Julie just made her directorial debut with Alan Ball’s Five Women Wearing the Same Dress for Kindred Spirits. She brings with her the eclectic background and positive attitude needed to facilitate true acting.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.