VanArts is seeking a part-time Houdini instructor for our VFX program, with the possibility for going full-time in future. Applicant needs in-depth knowledge across the package, able to teach primarily FX subject material (fluids/pyro, particles, rigid bodies, SOPs, POPs, VOPs) plus Python scripting.
This is a part-time position leaving you ample time for other work and projects beyond the school walls. We love working professionals who also love to teach.
Department Head of Visual Effects.
- The main goal of this position is to teach students in the use of Houdini, plus some Python scripting.
- Deliver course curriculum using the most appropriate delivery method for the content being taught, i.e., lecture, demonstration, workshop or open lab (including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, slideshows, handouts, suggested or required reading, etc.).
- Review and plan out course material before the commencement of each course to ensure content is accurate and up to date and full of the most updated material.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Assess and evaluate student work, record grades and provide students with constructive feedback that supports their creative development.
- Provide input to HOD, where necessary, with regard to curriculum updates to maintain high industry standards and stay current with industry practices.
- Attend school and department meetings as needed.
- Participate in promotional and industry networking activities as required.
- Maintain a professional environment by setting an example for students and preparing them for the working world post-diploma.
- Contribute to a nurturing learning environment by providing support, encouragement and constructive feedback to students.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Foster students towards employment in the industry.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience and relevant certificate diploma or degree, or minimum 10 years industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Houdini.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Previous teaching, training or mentoring is a plus.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to email@example.com. Please put “Houdini Instructor” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: July 20, 2018