Program Duration10 weeks
Next Start DatesApril 29, 2021 September 16, 2021
Prerequisite for: all other part-time Acting courses
Register early for one of our upcoming courses to ensure your spot.
What You'll Learn
Designed for folks with little or no previous acting experience, this 10 week course introduces the key elements of the acting process in a friendly and supportive environment. Students explore their playful side by bringing characters in scripts to life. Imagination, script interpretation, improvisation, voice, movement and acting exercises are all used. Monologues and scenes from modern plays and scripts are assigned.
All classes run Thursday evenings 7:00pm – 10:30pm
Foundations to Acting for all Actors! Audit a current class to see if it is a fit for you!
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition Protection Fund. For more information visit: www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/student-tuition-protection-fund
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to firstname.lastname@example.org is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
About the Instructor
From Winnipeg to London to Vancouver, Julie Howgate has trained, performed and taught in theatre, TV and film for well over a decade. Expert at teaching beginning actors, she has introduced over 500 students at the Centre to the thrill of acting. European credits include Brookside (BBC),Soul Survivor (Trisquare), and French National commercial “Orange”. North American credits includeHallowe’en 8, The Gut Girls , US national “Got Milk” commercials and character voice work for Da Vinci’s Inquest . Julie just made her directorial debut with Alan Ball’s Five Women Wearing the Same Dress for Kindred Spirits. She brings with her the eclectic background and positive attitude needed to facilitate true acting.
Audits of current running courses always welcome. Contact us for arrangement.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.