Program Duration6 weeks - ONLINE
Next Start DatesApril 30, 2024 July 9, 2024
The registration fee for this course will be applied to tuition for our full-time 3D Character Animation program if you enrol within one year.
What You'll Learn
Note: This course will be run online.
This course is for people interested in becoming character animators, specifically interested in preparing for our one-year 3D Character Animation full-time program. Assignments introduce students to animation workflow in Maya and foundational animation principles.
The course runs live over Zoom, for one class per week for 6 weeks on Tuesday evenings: 6:00pm to 9:00pm Pacific Time (Vancouver) – please convert to your time zone if you are in another region.
- Set up a scene in Maya
- Foundational animation principles – (initiating force, arcs, balance, weight shift, lead and follow, timing)
- Maya Animation Workflow – animating characters and props
Access to the software will be provided through a VPN connection to your personal computer for the duration of the course.
Minimum-to-approximate computer requirements are as follows:
FOR DESKTOP – CPU Intel i5, 16GB Memory, Video Adapter NVidia Geforce 970, Hard Drive 1TB
FOR LAPTOP – CPU Intel i5, 12GB Memory, Graphics Adapter w/ 1GB memory, Hard Drive SSD 250
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition Protection Fund. For more information visit: www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/student-tuition-protection-fund
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to firstname.lastname@example.org is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
About the Instructor
Daniel Laszlo is a graduate from the VanArts 2D Character Animation program, and has since worked in the Vancouver area for Bardel Entertainment, Atomic Cartoons, Titmouse, and Wild Brain, on an assortment of series for television and streaming. These character and effects animation credits include Pirate Express, Littlest Petshop, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (TV Series), My Little Pony: The Movie, Archibald’s Next Big Thing, Chip and Potato, & Trolls: The Beat Goes On! His personal drives are studying the masters of old, and exploring visual storytelling in various mediums.
The registration fee will be applied to tuition for our full-time 3D Character Animation program if you enrol within one year of taking this course.
As this is an online course, international students may register and take the course from their home country. Please note that the course runs in the Pacific Time zone for Vancouver, so international students must consider their own time zone before registering.