Head of Department, Visual Effects/Game Art & Design
Position: Head of Department
Department: Visual Effects/Game Art & Design
Date Posted: July 13, 2022
VanArts is seeking a passionate Visual Effects and/or Game Art professional who loves to teach and educate.
In this role you would be a key instructor as well as responsible for managing the department with respect to budgets, human resources, and curriculum planning. You would also assist with promotion of the department to potential students.
Senior Education Administrator / Operations Manager
- Uphold learning objectives and outcomes for the program and set standards for a uniquely positive learning experience providing students with an opportunity to excel in their chosen disciplines.
- Define learning objectives and outcomes in program outlines, with examples to be made available to PAC as well as current and prospective students.
- Lead the department’s faculty by ensuring institutional values are being followed, interactions with students are positive and appropriate and industry standards are being stressed.
- Gather appropriate industry representatives for the Program Advisory Committee.
- Create, maintain and update at each intake, a curriculum that offers students the opportunity to reach the program’s standards and goals.
- Teach in area(s) of expertise: at least 15-18 hours of class time weekly.
- Hire full and part time faculty to deliver their area of expertise as part of a team in support of reaching the goals set by their program.
- Oversee on-going planning and curriculum development.
- Participate in promotional and industry networking activities as required.
- Attend and participate in institutional meetings.
- Conduct annual instructor performance review evaluations for each department faculty member.
- Work with Controller to manage budget requirements.
- Review student evaluations of instructors, respond and take appropriate actions accordingly and in a timely manner.
- Work with On-Site Administrators to ensure instructor adherence to institution policies and procedures.
- Department meetings and documentation.
- Program Advisory Board meetings (PAC) and documentation.
- PAC recommendation evaluations, follow up and documentation.
- Guest speakers.
- Payroll submission for part-time instructors.
- Maintenance and currency of the program’s reference material.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years industry and/or teaching experience. (10 years or more experience a plus.)
- Expertise with current industry standards and practices.
- Strong management and leadership abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organized and team player.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to email@example.com. Please put “Head of Department – VFX/Game Art” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: July 13, 2022