VanArts is currently offering our programs in a blended delivery method of classes held online and on campus, and has a safety plan in place.
New Province-wide Restrictions in Place Until April 19, 2021
The BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) introduced new province-wide restrictions to address rising COVID-19 case counts. These restrictions are in effect until midnight April 19, 2021. Below is a summary.
- All indoor adult group fitness activities are cancelled until April 19 at midnight.
- Gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open as long as they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan that is strictly followed.
Religious Gatherings and Worship Services
- The variance allowing indoor religious gatherings and worship services between March 28 and May 13 is suspended.
- Outdoor worship services under the current variance may continue.
Restaurants, Pubs, Bars and Food Courts
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and food courts are closed for indoor dining until April 19 at midnight.
- Outdoor patio seating and take-out or delivery is allowed with continued use of COVID-19 layers of protection and physical distancing.
- NOTE: Dining facilities for student housing and cafeterias serving students, faculty and staff at educational institutions are exempt from the closure order.
Social Gatherings Restrictions
- No indoor social gatherings of any size at private residences is permitted other than between those who reside in the household.
- A person who lives alone may have up to two other people visit if they are people with whom the person regularly interacts.
- Up to 10 people can gather outdoors with continued use of COVID-19 layers of protection such as maintaining physical distancing and mask wearing.
In addition, the PHO strongly recommends:
- Working from home through to April 19, where possible, unless it is essential to be in the workplace.
- Avoiding all non-essential travel. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
Government of Canada expands restrictions to international travel by land and air
On February 12, 2021, the Public Health Agency of Canada issued a news release with additional requirements for international travelers.
More details may be found on our International Student Travel & Quarantine page.
Safety Plan, Outbreak Response, and Quarantine Information
Following WorkSafeBC’s guidelines on planning for COVID-19 preparedness, and in accordance with the BC Restart Plan and Go-Forward Guidelines, a review has been conducted of risks of exposure or transmission at the school. We have developed and implemented protective measures and policies to mitigate those risks.
We’ve also developed a robust case management and outbreak response plan that is initiated in the event any suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 is reported within the VanArts community.
For international students travelling to Canada, any family accompanying them, or anyone returning to Canada from abroad, it is required they quarantine/self-isolate for 14 days immediately upon arrival to Canada in order to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission. This requirement is enforceable by emergency orders under the Quarantine Act.