Program Duration1 Week
Next Start DatesTBD
If you want to know how they make action & fantasy sequences look so realistic in movies, TV and games, come and learn the basics at VanArts for 5 full intensive days of Visual Effects this summer. Working directly with industry professionals who have worked on your favorite shows, you will learn how actors are shot against a green-screen and all of the fake CG-elements are composited in around them. This is also an excellent introduction to how we teach in our one-year program.
We regret that our summer intensives will not be held in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What You'll Learn
QUICK DAILY OVERVIEW
Day 1: Green-Screen Film Shoot
Day 2: Compositing Footage onto Cards in 3D Scene
Day 3: 3D Modeling in Maya
Day 4: 3D Animation in Maya
Day 5: Rendering sequences (Everyone gets a rendered movie file to keep)
Learn the tools that the pro studios use and get a real taste of what it’s like to work as a Visual Effects Artist!
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Registering for more than one Summer Intensive program will reduce tuition by 10% per additional program (i.e., if you register for two Summer Intensive programs, tuition will be reduced by 10%; if you register for three, tuition will be reduced by 20%).
To book additional programs and receive discount please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 682 2787 x101 after you have registered for your first program.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition
Protection Fund. For more information visit:
- Tuition paid for a Summer Intensive program will be applied towards a student’s full-time program tuition if they register for the full-time diploma programs within one year of completing the Summer Intensive program.
- In the event that VanArts cancels a Summer Intensive program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a Summer Intensive program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the Summer Intensive program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
Must be 16 years of age or older.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.