Program Duration1 Week
Next Start DatesTBD
About the Course
Do you want to learn web development & design, but don't know where to start? Come and learn with us at VanArts for 5 full days of intensive training this summer, an excellent introduction to how we teach in our one-year program. Working directly one-on-one with professional web designers and developers, you will learn how to plan, design, code and publish your own basic website, with full introductions to Adobe tools for static & dynamic site publishing.
We regret that our summer intensives will not be held in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What You'll Learn
QUICK DAILY OVERVIEW
Day 1: Intro to Web Design & Photoshop – Find out what makes designing for web different to other media and begin to use Photoshop, the industry’s most powerful image editing software.
Day 2: Creating Web Mockups & Illustrator – Build your own web mockup for a client and learn about Illustrator and use it to produce logos and advanced graphics.
Day 3: HTML5 and CSS – Learn the core concepts of what makes and what styles websites and use this to begin putting your designs into practice.
Day 5: Business and Going Online – Publish your website and learn about hosting. You will also be introduced to SEO and internet marketing and will learn how to boost your site’s visibility on the web.
Vancouver is a new media hub and an ideal place to learn web design, so jump aboard and get started!
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Registering for more than one Summer Intensive program will reduce tuition by 10% per additional program (i.e., if you register for two Summer Intensive programs, tuition will be reduced by 10%; if you register for three, tuition will be reduced by 20%).
To book additional programs and receive discount please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604 682 2787 x101 after you have registered for your first program.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition
Protection Fund. For more information visit:
- Tuition paid for a Summer Intensive program will be applied towards a student’s full-time program tuition if they register for the full-time diploma programs within one year of completing the Summer Intensive program.
- In the event that VanArts cancels a Summer Intensive program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a Summer Intensive program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the Summer Intensive program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
Must be 16 years of age or older.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.