Program Duration1 week
Next Start DatesTBD
Registration is Closed
Unfortunately, all seats are now full. Please contact us using the 'Request Info' button to be placed on a waitlist in case seats become available, and to find out more about our one-year diploma program.
About the Course
Want to learn how to make your own animated cartoons? Come and learn the fundamentals of 2D CHARACTER ANIMATION at VanArts this summer, for 5 days of intensive training, an excellent introduction to how we teach in our one-year program. You will learn from professional animators who have worked on your favorite shows, and be trained using ToonBoom Harmony, the industry standard software.
What You'll Learn
QUICK DAILY OVERVIEW
Day 1: Intro to hand-drawn animation & Harmony – Animation of bouncing ball & arm point
Day 2: Animation of ball with legs + StoryBoarding
Day 3: Animation of two-legged character run cycle
Day 4: Animation of character step onto a box
Day 5: Life Drawing + Final Assignment Review
Assignments and sequence may vary during the week to facilitate class progress and needs.
Learn how to make things move, tell great stories and make characters come to life!
When: July 9-13, 2018 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm) *COURSE IS FULL*
Where: VanArts, 570 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Registering for more than one Summer Intensive program will reduce tuition by 10% per additional program (i.e., if you register for two Summer Intensive programs, tuition will be reduced by 10%; if you register for three, tuition will be reduced by 20%).
To book additional programs and receive discount please contact email@example.com or call 604 682 2787 x101 after you have registered for your first program.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition
Protection Fund. For more information visit:
- Tuition paid for a Summer Intensive program will be applied towards a student’s full-time program tuition if they register for the full-time diploma programs within one year of completing the Summer Intensive program.
- In the event that VanArts cancels a Summer Intensive program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a Summer Intensive program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the Summer Intensive program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to firstname.lastname@example.org is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the Summer Intensive program.
Must be 16 years of age or older.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.