Andrew Gordon has been animating characters professionally for over 20 years. He joined Pixar Animation Studios in 1997 where he has animated on A BUG’S LIFE, TOY STORY 2/3, MONSTERS INC, FINDING NEMO, THE INCREDIBLES and RATATOUILLE among many others. The characters he has worked on include Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Gill from Finding Nemo and Edna Mode, the costume designer in The Incredibles. He was Supervising Animator for the Academy-Award nominated short PRESTO, Directing Animator on MONSTERS UNIVERSITY and the recent TV special TOY STORY THAT TIME FORGOT, and currently Director of Promotions working on content for an upcoming Pixar feature film. Andrew was awarded "Outstanding Character Animation in an Animated Motion Picture" by the Visual Effects Society for his work in Finding Nemo.
Andrew studied animation in Vancouver and New York, and prior to his work at Pixar, he worked in the Looney Tunes division of Warner Brothers. Andrew has been teaching animation since 2000, leading the Pixar internship three times. He has lectured throughout the world, including masterclasses in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Spain, Singapore, Australia, London, Vancouver, Japan and Italy. He is currently the Director of the Hollywood Animation Program for the One Academy, and one of the founders of Splinedoctors.com, a web-blog/podcast dedicated to animation education. Andrew lives in the Bay Area with his wife and two children.
- Monsters University (Directing Animator) - 2013
- Brave (Animator) - 2012
- Toy Story 3 (Animator) - 2010
- Presto (Supervising Animator) - 2008
- Ratatouille (Animator) - 2007
- Cars (Animator) - 2006
- The Incredibles (Animator) - 2004
- Finding Nemo (Animator) - 2003
- Monsters, Inc (Animator) - 2001
- Toy Story 2 (Animator) - 1999
- A Bug’s Life (Animator) - 1998
- Visual Effects Society - "Outstanding Character Animation in an Animated Motion Picture" – Finding Nemo