Program Duration4 weeks
Next Start DatesTBD
- Learn and understand React.js
- Use built-in React components
- Develop custom components in React
- Understand React Events
- Be able to develop a website / web application using React
- Be able to push a React website to a web hosting environment
What You'll Learn
Class 1 – What is an React
Class 2 – Component, Properties & State
Class 3 – Developer Tools
Class 4 – Working With Forms
Class 5 – Router and Gatsby
Class 6 – Life Cycle of React
Class 7 – Loading Remote Data Into React
Class 8 – Deploy to Site
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30-8:30pm, starting October 6, 2020
Classes meet online, twice a week for 4 weeks.
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition Protection Fund. For more information visit: www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/student-tuition-protection-fund
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
Nathan LeggattHead of Web Development & Interactive Design
Head of Web Development & Interactive Design
Working in technology for almost 20 years, Nathan has founded a number of companies including Abendago, an international online software firm which produces back-end web services for small to medium sized businesses. At Abendago Nathan set the technical direction of the company, worked with developers, managed projects and oversaw a team of developers. In 2008 Nathan founded a startup, raised money, secured patents, and networked with influential tech leaders from Facebook, Yahoo, Dropbox, Twitter, and Microsoft. Nathan was also invited to present at some of the largest technology conferences in North America, including DEMO, MetaBridge, and SXSW. Along with other affiliations and accolades, Nathan is an alumni of the invite-only C100 in the Valley, and has been covered in TechVibes, Startup North, Startup America, The Globe and Mail, Business in Vancouver and Yahoo Finance for his technical accomplishments. Producing over 500 software projects during his career, many of which he was directly responsible for the entire coding stack, makes Nathan an ideal member of the VanArts Interactive Design Program. In his spare time, Nathan enjoys hiking, backpacking and having coffee with other entrepreneurial individuals.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses.
This course is being delivered online, but class times are local to Vancouver, BC and are in the Pacific Daylight or Standard Time zones (PDT/PST), dependent on time of year.