Program Duration4 weeks
Next Start DatesJanuary 11, 2021
Prerequisites: Basic computer knowledge
- Tone and color correct images
- Improve old photos
- Retouch photos
- Remove elements from photos
- Add elements to photos including text
- Create graphic elements for web or digital presentations
- Develop graphics as social media or marketing assets
What You'll Learn
Class 1 – Interface and tools. Color & Tonal Image Correction. Gradient Tool
Class 2 – Text and Styles. Blending Layers. Masking Layers
Class 3 – Brush Tools. Painting, Creating from Scratch
Class 4 – Retouching a Portrait
Class 5 – Restoring Old Photos. Removing elements
Class 6 – Replacing Backgrounds
Class 7 – Combining Pictures
Class 8 – Compositing a Scene and Exporting Graphics
Mondays and Wednesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, starting September 30, 2020
Classes meet online, twice a week for 4 weeks.
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition Protection Fund. For more information visit: www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/student-tuition-protection-fund
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
Lia Oranit ShechterInstructor
Lia Oranit Shechter
Lia has been a graphic designer and art director for the past eight years. While working for top design studios, she led print and digital design projects for top international brands such as Nike, TicTac, Nutella, Kinder, SodaStream, and many others. She is an expert in branding and creating a unique identity through design. Currently, she’s advising startup companies on the importance of implementing a design strategy at an early stage.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses.
This course is being delivered online, but class times are local to Vancouver, BC and are in the Pacific Daylight or Standard Time zones (PDT/PST), dependent on time of year.