Program Duration9 weeks
Next Start DatesSeptember 11, 2019
Prerequisites: Intro to Acting or equivalent experience
What You'll Learn
A 9 week scene study class beginning with relaxation, sense memory and improvisation. We then move into character development, scene analysis and memorization. After getting a grasp of these basics of scene study we apply comedy techniques and comedic performance skills!
Instructor Erin Boyes has been working in film, television and theatre for 14 years. After graduating with her BA in psychology she began teaching acting to kids, teens and adults. She has been teaching acting for 5 years and works as an audition coach.
Guest instructor: Stellina Rusich
Schedule: Wednesday evenings 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Pre-requisites: Intro to Acting at VanArts or equivalent experience
Supplies required: Notebook & pencil
Register online or by phone call Iva at 604-682-2787 x123
Terms & Conditions
Please note: This program does not require approval under the Private Training Act (PTA). Students may not file a claim against the Student Tuition Protection Fund with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) regarding this program.
Terms & Conditions
- Tuition is due in full at the time of registration.
- Tuition is not protected by PTIB’s Student Tuition Protection Fund. For more information visit: www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/students/student-tuition-protection-fund
- In the event that VanArts cancels a part-time program, all registrants for that program will receive a full refund.
- VanArts may cancel a part-time program if enrolments do not reach our minimum capacities.
- There is a non-refundable cancellation fee of 20% of the part-time program tuition.
- Written notice of withdrawal to email@example.com is required.
- Non-attendance without written notice does not constitute eligibility for a refund.
- Refunds of the full program tuition, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be granted up to seven calendar days before the start date of the part-time program.
- No refunds will be granted less than seven days before the start date of the part-time program.
About the Instructor
Erin Boyes has been working in film, television and theatre for 14 years. After graduating with her BA in psychology she began teaching acting to kids, teens and adults. She has been teaching acting for 5 years and works as an audition coach.
Audits of current running courses always welcome. Contact us for arrangement.
Please note that letters of acceptance are not issued for part-time courses, that the course may be cancelled if student enrolment is low, and that we advise any international students signing up for part-time courses to only do so if they are currently residing in Vancouver or if this course is not their sole purpose for visiting.