Position: Instructor of Mobile App Development
Department: Web Development and Interactive Design
Date Posted: May 13, 2019
VanArts is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual who’s passionate about hybrid mobile app development and is excited to share their passion with others. As a key instructor in the Web Development and Interactive Design Program you love to teach and educate, you’re up with current design trends and technology. Exciting industry changes thrill you and expanding your students minds about what’s possible is at the top of your list.
This is a part-time position leaving you ample time for other work and projects beyond the school walls. We love working professionals who also love to teach.
Department Head of Web Development & Interactive Design.
- The main goal of this position is to teach students how to develop hybrid mobile application through the use of current technology such as:
1. Phone Gap
2. JQuery Mobile
- Staying on top of relevant technology and software in the industry
- Deliver course curriculum using the most appropriate delivery method for the content being taught, i.e., lecture, demonstration, workshop or open lab. (including, but not limited to, power point presentations, slideshows, handouts, suggested or required reading, etc.).
- Review and plan out course material before the commencement of each course to ensure content is accurate and up to date and full of the most updated material.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Assess and evaluate student work, record grades and provide students with constructive feedback that supports their creative development.
- Provide input to HOD, where necessary, with regard to curriculum updates to maintain high industry standards and stay current with industry practices.
- Attend school and department meetings as needed.
- Maintain a professional environment by setting an example for students and preparing them for the working world post diploma.
- Contribute to a nurturing learning environment by providing support, encouragement and constructive feedback to students.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Foster students towards employment in the industry.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience and relevant certificate diploma or degree, or minimum 10 years industry experience.
- Very familiar with JQuery and JQuery Mobile
- Strong working experience with PhoneGap
- Experience with React.js
This class runs: 1 class/week for 10 weeks. Each class is 3 hours for a total of 30 hours of instructional time.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Instructor of Mobile App Development” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: May 13, 2019