Position: Instructor of Computer Basics and Database Concepts
Department: Web Development and Interactive Design
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2021
VanArts is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual who’s passionate about web development and design and sharing it with others. As a key instructor in the Web Development and Design Program you love to teach and educate, you’re up with current design trends and technology. Exciting industry changes thrill you and expanding your students minds about what’s possible is at the top of your list.
This is a part-time position leaving you ample time for other work and projects beyond the school walls. We love working professionals who also love to teach.
Department Head of Web Development and Interactive Design
- Staying on top of relevant technology and software in the industry.
- Deliver course curriculum using the most appropriate delivery method for the content being taught, i.e., lecture, demonstration, workshop or open lab. (including, but not limited to, power point presentations, slideshows, handouts, suggested or required reading, etc.).
- Review and plan out course material before the commencement of each course to ensure content is accurate and up to date and full of the most update material.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Assess and evaluate student work, record grades and provide students with constructive feedback that supports their creative development.
- Provide input to HOD, where necessary, with regard to curriculum updates to maintain high industry standards and stay current with industry practices.
- Attend school and department meetings as needed.
- Participate in promotional and industry networking activities as required.
- Maintain a professional environment by setting an example for students and preparing them for the working world post diploma.
- Contribute to a nurturing learning environment by providing support, encouragement and constructive feedback to students.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Foster students towards employment in the industry.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Minimum two years post-secondary education and/or two years relevant work/industry experience.
- Strong presentation skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Windows Operating System and HostGator web services.
- Experience managing a dedicated server and creating FTP accounts.
- High level Cpanel knowledge is a must as well as experience with WHM.
- Experience with proper file management techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with DNS.
- Experience with FTP and third party FTP clients.
- High level experience with phpmyadmin and knowledge of the fundamentals of databases.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Instructor of Computer Basics and Database Concepts” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: July 16, 2021