VanArts is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual who’s passionate about game design and development and in sharing it with others. As an instructor in the Game Art & Design Program, you love to teach, educate and mentor, you’re up with current game design trends and technology.
This is a part-time position leaving you ample time for other work and projects beyond the school walls. We love working professionals who also love to teach.
Department Head of Game Art & Design.
- The main goal of this position is to teach students about game engines, Unity and Unreal in particular.
- Deliver course curriculum using the most appropriate delivery method for the content being taught, i.e., lecture, demonstration, workshop or open lab (including, but not limited to, PowerPoint presentations, slideshows, handouts, suggested or required reading, etc.).
- Review and plan out course material before the commencement of each course to ensure content is accurate and up to date and full of the most updated material.
- Prepare lesson plans.
- Assess and evaluate student work, record grades and provide students with constructive feedback that supports their creative development.
- Provide input to HOD, where necessary, with regard to curriculum updates to maintain high industry standards and stay current with industry practices.
- Attend school and department meetings as needed.
- Participate in promotional and industry networking activities as required.
- Maintain a professional environment by setting an example for students and preparing them for the working world post-diploma.
- Contribute to a nurturing learning environment by providing support, encouragement and constructive feedback to students.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Foster students towards employment in the industry.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience and relevant certificate diploma or degree, or minimum 10 years industry experience.
- Experience in Unity and Unreal.
- Familiarity with Lighting, Animation and FX.
- Previous teaching, training or mentoring is a plus.
Our mission is to unlock the creative and career potential within each student.
Send your resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Instructor of Game Engines” in the title of your email.
Date Posted: May 11, 2018